Fitting au system

To: 6 Pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fitting au system
From: Kendall Larsen <kjlarsen@puc.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 18:24:14 -0700
Hello all,
    I recently purchased a Falcon Stainless Steel 'sport' exhaust system for
my 74.5 TR6 from Moss. This is the system that was fitted to the PI cars and
has the    >==   or 'Y' like configuration with a pipe coming out each side
of the rear like the Monza system. I'm having several problems with it.
First of all the flange that bolts up to manifold was BADLY warped and I had
to take it to my machine shop for them to mill it down so it would fit
properly.
    Next I'm having difficulty with the actual fitting of the system, I'm
suspecting that the left and right pipes have been mis-labled and the only
conceivable way of the system fitting at all is with the pipes reversed. Has
anyone ever installed one of these systems themselves before? Did you have
as much trouble as I am?
    I am also not sure where the hangers for the mufflers should be located
is there drilling/welding that needs to be done? The instructions that were
in the 'fitting kit' are vague at best.
    Am I going to be better off just taking the car to a muffler shop to
have the work done? I do have access to a lift so its not like i'm under the
car with a creeper trying to fit the system.  I'm just frustrated with pipes
not lining up correctly. And the lack of directions.

Wishing I'd just had a shop fabricate a system....

Kendall Larsen
74.5