Re: Experiences racing at Marlboro Maryland in the 60s

To: Vaughn Rockney <vintagegarage@erols.com>,
Subject: Re: Experiences racing at Marlboro Maryland in the 60s
From: John Langermann <jlangermann@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 09:36:52 -0700 (PDT)
  I only raced at Marlboro once. It was an SCCA
National in 1967 and I was driving my Broadspeed
Mini-Cooper S.My overall impression was of a course
with a myriad of bumps and dips on the road portion
and the added challenge of the oval.
  Prior to the race, I had read an article in which
Bob Tullius compared success at Marlboro to mastering
Phrenology. After the race I was in total agreement.
  Candy Poole, Jim Burton and Bob Hepburn who
maintained/improved the Mini did some magical
suspension adjustment and we ran a competitive race.
Beyond those general impressions, my only vivid memory
is of the Group 44 paddock, full of interesting cars
including a Trans-Am Valiant or eqivalent, which blew
the doors off more mainstream competitors.

=== message truncated ===

http://invites.yahoo.com/