Re: Experiences racing at Marlboro Maryland in the 60s

To: JXLmail@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Experiences racing at Marlboro Maryland in the 60s
From: RobertH148@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 18:39:57 EDT
We raced there many times. We started with two sprites the first year and
then we built a formula V which we ran until I entered on active duty in
1968. We ran one of the night races with the sprites. We were usually too
poor to afford a motel and often slept in the grandstand. We met Stirling
Moss there.
I went to the Regrigerator bowl one year. We had the cars apart and I went
with a friend from school late in the evening and arrived about midnight. I
got my first drive in a Jaguar that we toured the track with VERY early in
the morning.
I blew the VW engine coming off the infield into the hairpin. I had a piece
of the casing for many years, but it is lost now. I still have a patch
showing the course layout that I treasure.
I could go on forever about our trips there and the nights at the Marlboro
Hotel and the men's room on the back porch.
Enough!
Bob Humphreys