Re: Experiences racing at Marlboro Maryland in the 60s

To: "Steve Benford Jr." <sbracing@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: Experiences racing at Marlboro Maryland in the 60s
From: Larry Dent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 06:59:52 -0500
Bob Tullius was a good friend of mine back then.

I decided to build a GT 6 into a production racer and spent 3 days at
the group 44 shops in VA learning everything there was to know about how
to build the car.  Bryan and Lankie Furshett (misspelled I know) were
great.

A few weeks I repaid their kindness by discovering a new half shaft that
would bolt up with just a little machine work.

They had used a sliding spline shaft (axle) and it would tend to bind on
hard aceleration.  I discovered that the shafts wout of a Datsun 510 (I
think that is correct) would bolt up, and it used a ball bearing slider
that would not bind.  Lankie was amazed when he tried it.

Cheers,  Larry Dent