Re: Experiences racing at Marlboro Maryland in the 60s

To: <LMR356@aol.com>, <JXLmail@aol.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Experiences racing at Marlboro Maryland in the 60s
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 22:44:27 -0000
hal keck in a lister huh? .  harold later ended up being a co-driver of one
of the daytona cobras that won the 24hrs of daytona.  most people remember
his #88 oarnge  hellertown ford 289 cobra and later the blue with white
stripes big block one#88. he later went on to campagin one of the factory
light weight javlin amx's. he still resides in hellertown pa.  he is one of
the more"colorfull " drivers that i spent time visiting with my father as a
child.  his garage was always full of neat stuff!  just never ask harold to
speak publically!!!!!  his mastery of the english blankety-blank
expletive-expletive-expletive language was quite impressive to say the
least!  i had my mouth washed out with soap as a child for repeating
something i had over heard him say in his garage(by my mom)(dad was probably
laughing about it out of sight somewhere).   this was what i thought was a
normal childhood!  and penskie.  dad threw him out of our garage back when
he was a lehigh universtiy student.  i now know this afliction my father had
for going fast in sports cars has had an effect on my brain(my excuse even
if it is a poor one).  lol!

it was a dangerous time and a wonderfull time!   i could never thank my
father enough for the things he exposed me to as a child.
chuck.