Re: Tow Vehicles

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tow Vehicles
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 08:48:39 -0400
At 12:02 PM 20/06/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Let me put in a plug for the Chevy Tahoe.  I downsized from an '86 3/4 ton
>Suburban w/454 (i.e. 6mpg towing) to a '96 Tahoe (also got rid of my everyday
>car and use the Tahoe).  I got a lighter vehicle, more HP, and the same
>torque as before.  The 4WD Tahoe tows up to 7000 lbs.  I also downsized from
>a 26 ft. ProAm trailer (about 7,000 lbs loaded) to an 18 ft. Braco (now about
>5,000 lbs loaded).

snip....

I had a 1996 Tahoe (two door, two wheel drive version) last year and really
liked as a daily driver and vintage tower.  I have a 20' enclosed all
aluminium trailer, and this combo was great!  Now, since my commute is up to
80 miles a day, I switched to an econo-car for the daily driver and traded
the Tahoe for a 1997 Chev half-ton, 5.7 l and it tows even better!