Tow vehicles

To: vintage race list <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tow vehicles
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 07:26:52 -0500
I always thought it would be cool to tow a vintage car with a vintage
tow vehicle.

Several years ago I bought a Club Ford and needed a tow vehicle -- a
freind was selling his wife's 1978 Lincoln Mark IV sedan - maroon with
white leather interior. Trunk as big as a pickup truck box. 460 engine.
Seductive when door opened at night and interior lit up all white and
smelled like the Amway products she used to sell...like a French
you-know-what.

Installed hitch, wiring, air shocks.

Didn't work worth a damn.

No matter what I did, all that weight hanging out the back just did not
help the 1970's handling -- every corner was a minor drama to be played
out. Older electrical systems that allowed headlight breaker to open at
night in the rain at 70 mph was just too much for my ticker.

Children, do not try this, even with adult supervision.....

uncle jack in Iowa