Re: TR6 Pistons & Rods

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Pistons & Rods
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 10:19:03 PST
I think what Jarl had in mind is the possibility that Titanium rods and
a 4340 billet crank may allow you to add 2000 RPM to the redline.  It's
not just reliability at that point, it's reliability at an increased
power output level.  While aftermarket parts were available way back
when, they were not made of Titanium.  Maybe Carillos aren't Titanium,
but what's stopping you if you have deep pockets?

Ask me what I think of a front-engined Mallock U2 Formula Junior passing
Cooper F1 cars.  ;=( It sure impressed Ken Tyrrel.  The way those things
buzz the motor, they must be turning 8-9 grand.  You can't do that with
3 main bearings and 1958-63 materials, can you?  Granted, the car was
superbly driven, but it seems they were willing to build the motor and
thrash it way beyond where the rest of the field was.