Re: Participation

To: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Subject: Re: Participation
From: Brian Furgalus <triumph.tr7@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 17:21:11 -0400
Cc: "'Triumphs@Autox.team.net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Peter,

> It used to be that the fun of owning a sports car was meeting other sports
> cars on the road.  You'd look up ahead and see a TR or  MG or Fiat or
> whatever and you'd speed up a little and they'd slow down a little.  You'd
> wave at each other, maybe play along through the traffic  for a little
> while.  There was a sense of camaraderie that is missing these days.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this point.  Just the other day, I
passed a late rubber-bumpered MGB on the street and, since I was in the
TR7, I felt obligated to wave.  The guy totally ignored me, actually
looked the other way!  That is the first time that's ever happened to
me.  For some reason MGB people insist on believing that the TR7 was
responsible for causing the collapse of the entire BL organization.
That's assanine!  It's that mentality that makes me dislike the majority
of MGB owners.

Brian