Re: Eastwood Corroless Vs POR15

To: "Jack Levy" <jack@cocoinc.com>, "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Eastwood Corroless Vs POR15
From: "Russell Messersmith" <krus@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 20:20:22 -0500
I have used corrless to stop some rust spots on my 76 olds and it seemed to
work great.  just brushed off all loose rust and painted with the
corroless.  I am going to use this on the interior floors of may 72 TR6.  I
will advise the list of the results.
Russ Messersmtih
1967 TR4A
1972 TR6

----------
> From: Jack Levy <jack@cocoinc.com>
> To: Winnie Olmer <who@sover.net>; triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: RE: Eastwood Corroless Vs POR15
> Date: Monday, June 14, 1999 7:07 PM
>

> I may the only person on the planet that has had this happen according to
> all the email I've seen on POR 15. I sanded down an exposed part on my
> Spitfire brushed off the loose rust and applied POR 15 as directed, brown
> rust spots started to appear after 2 months. I did not use the METAL
READY
> which they claim neutralizes the rust, because I thought the POR15 was
the
> one that prevented the rust. If it is not then the METAL READY must be
like
> that OSPHO green stuff which you can buy at paint stores for much less
and
> then paint over.
> Any thoughts?
>
> Jack Levy