Re: TR6 rear wheel camber probs

To: "Roger G. Bolick" <rgb@next.exact.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: TR6 rear wheel camber probs
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 17:50:46 -0400
Message text written by "Roger G. Bolick"
>One other good reason is the alignment of the driveshafts, if
>everything is aligned, the U-joints don't do anything as you
>drive down the interstate.

I had not thought of that.  I figured that the hub-halfshaft-diff was never
perfectly linear, but I had no basis to make that judgement.  I did know that
the alignment was very close because I had some significantly ruined u-joints
that caused only a minor vibration even under acceleration

>I've seen a bunch of cars all twisted in the rear...   the
>dynamics of all that metal rotating in a wobble fashion at
>70 mph makes me nervous following these cars.<

Yes, you should get the frame aligned properly as a matter of course.
In the end, I suppose that there would be big problems down the line
with continued operation on a bent frame....

-Tony