Re: oil filter

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: oil filter
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 18:40:26 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
ArthurK101@aol.com writes:

<< BTW - Consumer Reports did a test regarding oil useage in NYC taxicabs .
 Their conclusion was that because of the progess in Oil formulation and
 filters it is not necessary to change the oil every 3K miles  -- as it used
 to be.  It was an interesting test and an interesting article.  Of course
the
 oil companies want us to change as often as we can.  :-). Cheers.

 Art Kelly >>

I read the same article some years back and found it very interesting. As I
recall the jist was that there was no noticeable (measured) difference in
engine wear between any of the tested oils, including synthetics, within 3000
mi oil changes.
The major benefit of synthetics seemed to be more miles between changes.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4