Re: WHAT TO DO? Dealing with people that have no honor.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, jmwagner@greenheart.com
Subject: Re: WHAT TO DO? Dealing with people that have no honor.
From: "John Duhart" <DUHART@symbol.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 08:19:55 -0500
Hey Justin,

        I see a lot of comments on this, here is my take.

>>> Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com> 03/06 6:57 PM >>>

(Snip)

>Anyways...
>
>Turns out... They do not have current insurance.
>
>I called the driver, she is now taking her father's line, "I didn't hit
>you"...
>
>The question is...
(Snip)

>If I notify DMV of the accident... and report that it is over $500.00 in
>damage, she will lose her license for a year... regardless of any court
>decision regarding "fault"... BUT...

        And if you don't report it then her father will of tought her that you
can cheat people without and reprocusions(sp).  If that is the way she drives
maybe you would be doing the people in your area a favor by having her license
suspended for one year.  Also Dad has some big Ka-Who-Naas driving around
without insurance.

>If I make that report... MY insurance company will see it... and
>probably (in my experience) raise my insurance in the future.  (I have a
>clean record, but let's just imagine that I got a speeding ticket or
>something later this year...to add to this.)

        If I remember the story correctly you were not in the car at the time
of the accident.  The car was parked and not running.  Your insurance company
should not effect your rates because of this.  I was in the same type of an
accident a few years back.  Is your insurance agent a friend of yours?  If so,
talk to him, he can give you advice without informing the insurance company.
Remmeber your his customer, he want sto keep you happy.

>I could also simply go straight to my own insurance company... where I
>do have coverage if the other driver is not insured... (I don't have
>comprehensive, otherwise.)  ...but, once again... this will only lead to
>higher insurance costs in the future... (one way or another...)

Maybe not.

>I was planning to paint my car later in the year anyways... I feel like
>I should just take a bite... and let this thing go...  let her karma
>follow her...  rather than stress myself... risk higher insurance
>costs... and... risk possible harassment from their family... (as I
>wouldn't be surprised if these people... who have no honor nor
>integrity, might just seek to reprisals for whatever I, the evil
>american dog, may do...

        That is a good point.  Don't be surprised if once they see your willing
to lay down and take it they then decide to give it to you good.

>comments?
>--Justin

        They hit you, now they are trying to screw you.  Make sure they get
what is coming to them.

Later,
JHD IV