Re: Monza: HOW LOUD?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Monza: HOW LOUD?
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 97 11:37:35 PDT
Joe Merone wrote:
        > > Although my exhaust system is in fine shape and the TR6 sound is
        > > the best I've ever heard on the road I just can't get past the
        > > fact that the Monza exhaust system looks so damn good on a TR6.

I agree, I too like the look of the 4 pipes exiting out the rear,
though I can appreciate that this is overkill on a smallish 6
cylinder.

I've heard that the placement of the resonators close to the diff
add to the cooling problems already experienced by a very hot diff.
Anyone care to comment?

That said, I have a stock muffler, but then I plumbed 4 Monza tips
onto the two pipes exiting the stcok muffler.  This gave me the
"look" I wanted, sans noise.  Strangely, it is a little louder
than stock, perhaps due to the resonators on the Monza tips.
Very, very pleasant, loud enough to set off alarms in parking
garages, but not fatiguing on long trips (on the complete
Monza system I presume this is due to the reonators being placed
under the cabin; anyone ever removed them?).

        Shane Ingate in San Diego