Re: Monza: HOW LOUD?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Monza: HOW LOUD?
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 11:30:06 -0700
While not having installed one on a TR6, I used to have one on my Spitfire,
when it used to have the original engine.  My recollection was it sounded
great except on any kind of long trip it got REAL tiresome.  That was when I
was much younger and able to tolerate those types of things (funny as you
age some things you tolerate more and others less).   Now I know I wouldn't
be happy with the constant droning on any kind of trip, besides it would
interfere with the mega-bucks sound system!  Also, something to consider, if
the exhaust exits out the center or near the center of the car and not at
the extreme corners as designed you get more of that crappy exhaust dirt all
over the back of the car and requires more extensive and FREQUENT cleaning
to keep everything looking good (the other reason I removed it)!

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)