Re: Removing rear drums on a 250

To: jstrohm@unisql.unisql.com
Subject: Re: Removing rear drums on a 250
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@scala.scala.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 95 17:11:42 EDT
>The adjuster should come free easily, with a little persuasion.  Remember it's
>30-year-old car and it may not have ever had the brakes adjusted.  Also, the
>drum may
>be rusted to the hub, but the rubber mallet (and penetrating oil at the studs)
>should
>cure this.

        Not always.  I had to replace an adjuster because I couldn't get one
of the sliding parts free.  I actually got the rotating part free (with major
work), but in trying to get the slider free (many hours) finally stripped it.
It wasn't that expensive to replace.  The other side I freed up, and made sure
was clean, smooth, and lightly greased (threads and sliders) when reassembled.

--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com