Re: Brake warning switch

To: JMardy@aol.com
Subject: Re: Brake warning switch
From: sbrborg@umslvma.umsl.edu (Brian Borgstede)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 15:38:47 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John,
I have been there as well,
The switch does not hold back the fluid.
There is a little piston (shuttle) inside with a seal at each end.
When fluid pressure is greater on one side than the other, the piston moves
the switch.
To fix, remove unit, remove switch, remove plug in end, and rap it on a piece
of wood to get the piston out.
Mine had rubber cups, one from a later TR-6 had simple O-rings.
Those seals are the problem!!!!!!
If you can't get the correct seals, you can get a PDWA from a TR-6.
The piston bore was the same size.

>When I got my 250, I noticed brake fluid coming out of the electrical
>contacts on the warning switch in the 4-way connector below the master
>cylinder.  I installed a new one and it leaks as well.  What's going on?
>
>John Mardesich
>'68 TR250, Marin County, CA

Brian Borgstede                 Voice: (314) 516-6180
AV Tech.  117A Lucas Hall       Fax:   (314) 516-5294
University of Missouri          sbrborg@umslvma.umsl.edu
      St. Louis