Re: Spitfire Swing Spring

To: "M D \"Doc\" Nugent" <docnugent@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Swing Spring
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:18:22 -0400
the uprights never changed across all model years.
the long axles cam in in 71 on spits but the swing spring
did not come in till 73.
Yes... the longer axle with the shorter spring created a bit more camber
as the upright would have been leaning in a bit more with the shorter
spring.
BUT..there were two different specs for how far in you were suppose to drive
the oil shield onto the axle. Why?... I'm not sure since the hubs didn't
change either

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com