Re: Lug Nuts for VB 8 Spoke Alloy Wheels

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lug Nuts for VB 8 Spoke Alloy Wheels
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 10:59:02 EST
In a message dated 02/18/2000 2:44:23 PM Central Standard Time,
gahendrix@att.net writes:

<<
 Can my original wheel lug nuts work with the wheels? They want $3.95 each -
 $63.20 for a set, and if I can get by without them, GREAT! If not, they
 aren't on sale, so there's no rush to beat the end-of-month sale deadline.

 As a continuing thought, does anyone have suggestions on a tire for the 13 x
 5's?

I've been running the same wheels (KN Minator 13 x 5) with the original lug
nuts on my MkIII GT6 for two years now.  No problems so far, even with a
significant amount of track time on the car.  I'm running 205/VR13 Yokohama
AVS Intermediates.  You don't say which car you have, so the width of the
205s may or may not work for you.  They're fine on my car and they have a
diameter very close to the original.  205 is technically too wide for a 5 in.
rim, but I've had no trouble to date (knocking on my wood dash, here)

Scott
ScottBarr8@aol.com