Re: Lug Nuts for VB 8 Spoke Alloy Wheels

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lug Nuts for VB 8 Spoke Alloy Wheels
From: "MikeC" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 20:33:48 -0700
I just got a set of these wheels and lugs from VB.  Through the end of Feb
you can get a set of the lugs on sale for $40.  Part # 15-964.  The catalog
says they are made for a Midget, but they work fine on my car.  I put
Pirelli P400 tires in size 175/75/13 on them.  I wouldn't put anything wider
on a 5" rim, otherwise the sidewalls will flex more and the handling will
deteriorate.  Plus I think it looks funny with the tire bulging out way
beyond the rim.
MikeC