Re: Lug Nuts for VB 8 Spoke Alloy Wheels

To: gahendrix@att.net
Subject: Re: Lug Nuts for VB 8 Spoke Alloy Wheels
From: Bob Sykes <stan.part@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 20:36:38 -0800
As already mentioned, the stock later model wheel nuts will work
if you remove the washers.  I don't know what lug nuts VB sells
specifically for these wheels, but I bought some stainless steel
ones from Moss UK (TriumphTune) a couple of years ago.  They do
not have, and will not accomodate the washers (the flats extend
almost all the way to the inboard end.  They are also about 1/2"
shorter, so the tops of the nuts are flush with the outer wheel
face.  The stock nuts will stick out beyond the wheel.  IMHO the
shorter stainless ones look much better.

--
LBC'ing U,
Bob (& Spitfires)