Re: Auto Body / Paint

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auto Body / Paint
From: "Rob Travis" <sixt6spitfire@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 08:03:17 PST
Hi Mitch,
After finding my car sitting in a field under an oak tree for 10 years,I had
my car done about 1 1/2 yrs ago.It was tough to find a shop that wanted to
do it, most are into insurance work( more profitable to do a fender than an
entire car).I was getting estimates in the $5000 range with a 3-6 month
completion time.I finally settled on a shop that took the car down to bare
metal,did some minor rust eradication in the rear quarterpanels,primed and
painted the car and the factory hardtop.I removed all the chrome and trim
pieces prior to having the work done.The paint job looks great from 10' away
but 1s no concourse job.The cost was around $2400.I was pleased overall with
the quality of the work and the car gets its share of favorable comments, it
received a silver plaque at the 99 Triumphest in San Ramon,which was the
first event I ever entered with it.

Rob Travis
65 MkII
San Luis Obispo