Re: On the road again

To: "Moorse,Jeffrey" <jeff.moorse@abbott.com>
Subject: Re: On the road again
From: Kirk Crawford <kirk.crawford@home.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 17:23:27 -0700
At 4:15 PM -0500 10/20/99, Moorse,Jeffrey wrote:
>My '74 1500 clutch is like that also, and bleeding doesn't help.  I've been
>told that the pivot pin may have fallen out of the clutch release arm, but
>won't know for sure until I get the transmission out.  I plan to do that in
>the next week and will let you know.

You could check that without transmission removal.  Put the car on
stands, roll under and look at the bottom of the bell housing on the
passenger side.  You will see the hole where the pivot pin lives.
You should be able to see up in this hole to see if it is there or
not.  You could also have a partner push the clutch pedal in and out
and see if you hear the throw-out arm flopping around.

---
Kirk Crawford mailto:kirk.crawford@home.com
http://members.home.net/kirk.crawford/ AIM:KirkBCraw