Re: Painting a house in a hurry

To: Bill Gilroy <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Painting a house in a hurry
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 22:16:23 -0400
I've been through this, and although I found spraying itself to be faster,
covering the windows and other masking, controlling over spray, and the cleanup
seemed to take in total as much time as painting manually.  However, last time I
painted most of mine with a small diameter roller.  Home Depot has these in
various widths, spongy things, and you can get a screen that will fit in a paint
bucket, probably about a 3 gallon size, so one gallon fits it comfortably.  It
covers a lot fast, and especially if you're going over good paint, you probably
will find it satisfactory.  It's going to take a day no matter what, and I'll
bet a one story ranch will be pretty easy.  Con a friend into helping and you
can go twice as fast.