RE: Painting a house in a hurry

To: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Painting a house in a hurry
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:43:30 -0700
> Are rental places actually renting airless units nowadays?

They do around here (Los Angeles).  I don't recall seeing any of the
"pressure pot" variety, but HD has a line of the "pump on wheels" flavor in
their rental department.  These units sit on the ground, with the dip hose
immersed in a 5 gallon can, and pump the paint under high pressure to the
spray head.  I'm sure there's a limit, but I've seen some very long hoses in
use.

>  When  airless was
> relatively new I used to carry a medical alert card to tell a doctor about
> airless injection if I was ever hurt - the hydraulic pressures of airless
> can readily inject paint into the skin and "inflate" a body part
> with paint.

I'm not sure of the legalities, but you can rent or buy all sorts of
dangerous equipment around here.  I'm sure the fine print on the rental
agreement says the owner isn't responsible for anything ...

Randall