Re: Opening a PVC pipe in a hot tub, possible?

To: dave rann <rdavid205@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: Opening a PVC pipe in a hot tub, possible?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:00:47 -0400
dave rann wrote:
> If I didn't want to do it right

   ...well, I guess part of my question is "how to fix it right". If I
could open the pipe and reseal the joint that would be my first choice,
but I'm not sure if that's possible.

   There isn't really any place to cut the pipe where I could put on a
fresh piece and a fresh new joint. One side of the joint is the filter
case which is fiberglassed in, and the other side goes to a pipe which
disappears into the expanding-foam underbelly.

   The only way I could fix it more "right" would be if there was some
way to open this joint without destroying it. Possible?

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca