[Top] [All Lists]

Re[2]: Welder

To: Berry Kercheval <>
Subject: Re[2]: Welder
From: "John Loftin" <>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 96 13:41:21 EST
     There are a lot of welders on the market sold as "MIG" that use a flux 
     covered wire.  These are sold as "gasless MIG" welders.  Actually, if 
     anyone wants to get technical, the "MIG" welding process is Gas Metal 
     Arc Welding (GMAW).

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: Re: Welder 
Author:  Berry Kercheval <> at smtp
Date:    10/2/96 02:36 PM

>>>"John Loftin" said:
 >      Get a MIG that uses a shield gas (argon, CO2). 
Don't they all?  I mean, I don't know a lot about welding, but I know that the 
"IG" in MIG stands for "inert gas".
A welder without a shield gas isn't MIG, it's something else, right?
Berry Kercheval :: :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>