Re: Welder

To: "Martin Libhart" <mlibhart@fn.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Welder
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 21:07:19 -0500
Recently purchased Sears cheapest.  A little 110 gass less MIG.  It does
the job, but tends to run a little hot.  The lack of a third (or variable)
control is a real draw back, but it does work.  This is from a guy who was
born and raised in a welding supply business.

I had, at one time, access to any welding machine made.  I chose this model
for two reasons.  Ultra simplicity and gas less operation.  It only has
high/low and wire speed.  No matter what anyone says, cylinders complicate
life.  The welds are a little "rougher", but as long as the hardware store
is open, (wire and grinding wheels) I can weld things.  It has a reasonable
weight (get to places) and the gun is a well respected trade name (Tweco)