Re: Problem bolts-nuts

To: andrewk962@yahoo.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Problem bolts-nuts
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:12:08 EDT
In a message dated 6/24/2005 10:35:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
andrewk962@yahoo.com writes:

> Yes we have tried a catering size can of wd40.  Any
> sugestions will be given full consideration.
> Andy
> 55TF1500

Andy, WD40 (Water Displacement formula 40) never works for rusted bolts and
nuts.  PBblaster is good and GM sells a product in their parts dept. that is
used for loosening oxy sensors that I've had good luck with as it is a
penetrant
and contains an acid.  The only fool proof way is to heat the fastner to red
hot with a propane torch.  If its in wood, then it must be cut off, drilled
out or grind.  Nut crackers and easy outs don't work and easy outs will some
times break leaving you with an even greater problem..........
Terry in Oakland