RE: Problem bolts-nuts

To: "'MG T list'" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Problem bolts-nuts
From: "James Fischer" <jfischer@supercollider.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 04:03:04 -0400
I can verify that "PB Blaster" works where
various penetrating oils (liquid wrench, et al)
do not in helping one remove rusted bolts.

WD-40 is not really going to help with rusted
bolts and nuts, as it is not a penetrating oil
at all - it is indended to remove moisture and
lubricate parts that are not (yet) rusted.

But 50+ year-old parts often require the application
of an angle grinder from the rental yard.

        jim