Mods

To: mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mods
From: "S. Allen" <sallen3663@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:55:01 -0500
I'm generally for anything that makes a T-type more reliable or safe
that doesn't subtract from originality.  To that end I put a
solid-state fuel pump and electric ignition in my TD.  You can't tell
that the fuel pump isn't correct and other than the wiring the dizzy
mod is invisible.

I also added Moss's third brake light and picked up some of LBCarCo's
halogen bulbs for the tail lights.

I also added seat belts.

I was told to stay away from tube shock kits.

After an expensive tranny rebuild I didn't have the heart for a
5-speed conversion, so I had the rear-end lowered.  It's great on the
freeway, but my stoplight-to-stoplight time suffers in the city.  It
also practically crawls up long steep hills out in the country but I
figure I'll save on bottom-end wear in the long-run.

And I was told that the way around the rear-end issue was to add a
blower.  At the time I had the engine re-built I had my eye on a
period Shorrock unit so I had it blueprinted to take a blower, so the
day may come...

But then I'd have to start thinking about disc brakes and a sway bar.

Scott Allen
52 TD
74 1/2 BGT