Re: mods

To: <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: mods
From: "Wayne Francis" <whfrancis@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:40:21 -0800
There is so much to be said on this topic.  I'm sure I'm not the only one
who loves his car dearly (oh, the stories I could tell) and struggles with
the guilt of _any_ modification to originality.  It was my first car and I
just may be buried in it (not really).  Somewhere, tho, as I was reminded
some years ago, there's a line to cross where you no longer have a T-car;
you have a "hot rod".  That delineation is a matter of personal
interpretation, of course, as we are all individuals with our own judgment
on that.  On the one hand you might have your perfect "trailer queen" hauled
to shows and never really driven.  Then you have the daily drivers who need
more reliability or performance than the car originally had.  Stage tuning?
Radiator bottle?  Better seals to stop the leaks?  Rear end?  Directional
blinkers?  For every practical mod that one owner makes, there'll be others
who will look upon it with distain.  There's no solution to this.  Perhaps
civil discussion will be cathartic to some of us with increasing guilt.
"Can't we all just get along?"
Wayne Francis
50 TD
Ojai, CA