Re: Fuel Tank Slop

To: mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank Slop
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:16:28 -0800
Scott Allen:

The sealing portion of the cap is a spring loaded steel shaped cup.  I
also had some slopping problem when I bought the car back in 1967.
The main cause is the cork used for a seal gets compressed.  I fixed
mine 28 years ago by just fitting two cork seals from a MG supplier
one on top of the other.  The only time I have overflow problems now
is when the tank is filled to full in warm weather and the fuel
expands and runs over.  You could probably cut them yourself.

Safety Fast!

Blake