Sad News

To: Morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Sad News
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:33:41 -0800 (PST)
Dear British Car Enthusiast:

It is with shock and great concern that I must forward this to all on this
list. It came to me through Austin and Morris collector, Randy Williams,
and was written by Doug Dexter of the Austin Works East. Please help where
you can. Thank you.

Rick Feibusch
Journalist/Appraiser
Venice, CA

We are writing because we need your help for a long time pillar of the
Austin collecting and restoration community.

Rob Stuart of Manhattan Beach, CA has been "The Austin Works," helping
Austin owners with information and parts sources for about 30 years. He has
traveled extensively in Australia, North America, Europe and The UK meeting
Austin and British car collectors and spreading the word of his automotive
passion .He personally owns about 35 Austins, saved from the crushers and
street rodders, including a rare A40 Ice Cream vendors wagon and an A40
Fire Truck. Those of you who have had the opportunity to meet Rob, know
that his personality and enthusiasm for Austin collecting and restoring
have been a great asset to our hobby.

In September of 2000 Rob was the victim of a serious car accident. By some
miracle he survived but was left paralyzed in his lower body and
permanently blind. The hospital staff was just amazed that through his
painful operations and the beginning ot the rehabilitation process, Rob has
never lost his positive outlook on life. He is the one cheering up his
friends who feel powerless to help.

Rob returned from the hospital in early December and now, along with a full
rehab schedule, still requires 24-hour care. This treatment and care is not
cheap and insurance is only covering a small portion of the costs. Austin
hobbyists around the globe have donated what they could to his rehab fund.

At Austin Works East we will be selling off our entire 20+ year collection
of Austin literature and manuals dating from 1906 to 1954with the proceeds
going to the fund. You can help by letting friends know to contact us if
they are interested. We are compiling lists in stages with the manuals and
handbooks first followed by the sales and other literature.

Because time is important we will begin our selling efforts on Ebay, the
Internet auction site, starting with the 1954 era parts and service manuals
and working backward. Then we will start over again with the sales, etc
literature. We will be happy to sell any individual pieces or lots of any
size to interested buyers. We can supply lists as they
become availableand email pictures.,] For those notinterested in publications:

Donations can be sent to Rob Stuart, 229 Third St.,Manhattan Beach, CA 90266.

Thank you for your help and have a happy, safe and prosperous New Year.

Doug S. Dexter
Austin Works East
PO Box 1997, Sandwich, MA 02563
Office: 508 833-6503, Home: 508-833-3109
Email: austnworks@aol.com