Re: Valve Cover Cap

To: "Bud Krueger" <bkrueger@ici.net>, "Stuart Keen" <simbafish@home.com>
Subject: Re: Valve Cover Cap
From: "lbprince" <lbprince@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 19:32:35 -0700
Bud,
Stu,

According to Carl Cederstrand's booklet on rear end conversions, a Michelin
165 x 15,  ZX tire turns 813 revs per mile.   (He doesn't specify tire
pressure.)  Multiplying by 4.3, the rear end ratio, results in 3496
driveshaft revs per mile.  Since the transmission ratio is 1:1 in fourth
gear and since 60 mph is a mile a minute, the engine RPM at 60 MPH should be
3496.

If Stu has a Datsun five speed or some other gearing, then perhaps 3250 RPM
at 65 MPH is possible.  It is also possible that speedometers and/or tachs
are in error.

Ben