Re: Valve Cover Cap

To: Wiedemeyer <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Re: Valve Cover Cap
From: Dave and Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 13:44:37 -0700
Stu,
    I would take the oposit tack from Bob, my reason?  If there is no
restrictor in the oil lind from the block to the head (and there
shouldn't be) and everything in the lubrication system, you should have
had oil all over the engine compartment after your drive home without
the cap on.  One time I tried starting the engine without the cover on
and with one rocker positioned right under the cover, that rocker shot
out a stream of oil that went half way across the garage!  One of the
problems that people have had with the cast aluminum valve covers with
the vented caps, were that some came without a baffle under them and
even with the wire gause inside oil was thrown up into the cover
sufficiently to run out and all over the engine.  I would vote for the
loss of the cap close to home.
Good luck,
Dave