RE: Thread Direction

To: "Nigel Geach (CRFPULP)" <Ngeach@fccl.com>,
Subject: RE: Thread Direction
From: "Bob Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:57:09 -0400
However, the TD/TF thread question baffles me completely!
Left side front has left hand  thread so that IF a wheel bearing seizes and
turns while the car is moving forward, the stub axle nut will be tightened
and the wheel remains on the car. Similarly, right side has a right hand
thread.
Rear axle nuts are both right hand as there is no possibility of the nut
being becoming loose by a hub turning as the hub is splined onto the axle.
Therefore, easier and more convenient to have the rear axle nuts right hand
threads.
Bob ,

Cheers,
Nigel