RE: Thread Direction

To: "'Mark McCombs'" <loadcel4@infinet.com>
Subject: RE: Thread Direction
From: "Nigel Geach (CRFPULP)" <Ngeach@fccl.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:01:50 -0700
Mark,
You're driving proof that braking can loosen the knock-off, and I've had
many philosophical discussions with mechanical types as to whether the
convention is the best use of "handedness" of the threads! Maybe any vintage
racers in the group can shed further light? Perhaps we can conclude that
effective brakes were less of an issue when this convention was established.
Cheers,
Nigel