Odd part question

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Odd part question
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 07:14:38 -0400
When I got my '54 TF 1250 rhd, it came with an odd non-original T-series
shifter assembly. This square unit just bolts directly to the gearbox
instead of the remote shifter assy. Since this would obviously make the
stick come out way too forward (and too high) to be able to reach, it looks
like the stick was heated and bent in an 'S' shape to get it back to within
reach.

I suspect that this unit came from a Magnette. Is there anyone out there
with a Magnette who can confirm and if so would you like to have it for the
cost of postage?

Dick Dell
Raleigh NC