RE: Rear axle

To: "'Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rear axle
From: "John Roper" <john@roper-photo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:48:38 -0600
>How much power are you talking about? If you're talking a major swap with
>a lot of torque like a V-6 or V-8, I'd seriously consider a custom swap
>like a 9 inch ford setup from Moser or another supplier.

My friend Steve was presented with a similar problem (400+ hp SR20DET in a
1700 pound Datsun). He had a Mustang 8.8" diff cut down to fit his car.

http://510garage.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=223

You get BIG factory disc brakes, indestructible diff, plenty of gear
options, and a factory LSD/locker. He spent less money on this than I've
seen others spend on just the LSD unit. I can ask him what his set-up cost,
but I bet he has less than $700-800 in it. He got a good deal on the rear
axle, though.