Re: Roadster middle-age crisis

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster middle-age crisis
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 00:53:33 +0000
I had a rear main fail soon after building the motor-
I hadn't soaked the rope long enough, and it
chewed itself to death against the crank- bits
of rope everywhere, and a big gap in the 5th cap.

I too would be really surprised if it just gave out-
they slowly get worse over time, but the nature
of that seal is that it really can't just die on you.

Check everything else first!

Good luck.
Toby

From: "David R. Conrad" <konadave1@hawaii.rr.com>