Roadster middle-age crisis

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster middle-age crisis
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:08:24 -0800
Since my car is turning 40 this year, it decided to entertain me in ways it
normally doesn't.

I was coming back from a call at a client site Tuesday which involved a
short freeway drive of about 6 miles. When I got back to the office, one our
programmers came by my desk and asked if I had just returned, I said yes,
then he told me there was a trail of oil running thought the parking lot and
ending in my parking space. I have a 1600, so you probably know where this
is going --- the rear crank seal blew and the beast was bleeding 40 weight
like a stuck pig.

Oh well, that's what I get for not making plans this weekend! Since the car
is a daily driver without much backup, I'm taking off Friday off to get a
running start at swapping out the seals. Hope to have it done by Sunday
evening, if all goes well. Not like I never took the silly thing apart
before...

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA