RE: Roadster middle-age crisis

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Roadster middle-age crisis
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:10:30 -0500
On Wednesday, January 10, 2007, at 06:08 PM, Paul Bauman wrote:

> >  ...a trail of oil running thought the parking lot and
> > ending in my parking space. I have a 1600, so you probably know where
> > this
> > is going --- the rear crank seal blew and the beast was bleeding 40
> > weight
> > like a stuck pig.

OK. My two cents.
I have a similar trail going to my space in the parking garage at work.
Because Loreli is a 70, it was indeed the oil pressure hose. I sympathize.
Mine was easy to see. Sorry yours isn't. As has been said before, check
EVERYTHING else.  If you're guna have the engine out ya just GOTTA replace
the clutch and pressure plate... hell, since it's easy to get to... how bout
a tranny rebuild??? ENGINE rebuild? It's already out!!! Valve job? Carbs
rebuilt, frame off resto? LOL! See where I'm goin with this? It doesn't end.

As my dad told me (was also a roadster owner) K.I.S.S (Keep it simple
stupid). My Credo! Of course, he also said that there was a dead Japanese
guy in the car somewhere because they built the damn thing from the outside
in. LOL!

Matt Smith and Tater the wonder puppy

And of course Loreli (she's a 70' Silver Solex SRL311)