Re: MGB GT

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB GT
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 23:37:42 EDT
Remember that the MGB GT was an  afterthought, so the B roadster was already
stiff, and they did not take  anything off when they added the metal top.

Gary

In a message dated 4/18/2006 6:55:56 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
vlaury@earthlink.net writes:

>>I eronously Wrote -  If so, they are much lighter than  the roadster
model.

>Marc Wrote - I would have thought they  were lighter too, but turns out
they're heavier.

By good gracious  Your RIGHT!

MGB ROADSTER 62-70
Unladen Weight 1920 lb

MGB  GT 67-71
Unladen Weight 2190 lb

(from the Moss Motors  Site)

I had believed that the ammount of metal required to stiffen a  roadster
was easily offset by the roof/pillars and glass. 2190??? That  sbox is
heavy. A 240 Z weighs that much. Leaded glass? :-)

Victor  Laury
Downtown Los Angeles
70 SRL Roadster
70 PL521