Re: MGB GT

To: TWFAUST@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB GT
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:49:34 -0500
The Roadster wiring is based on a Lucas licensed design.  This may be
why we all have so many electrical gremlins. Anyone who has chased
down nonsensical taillight behavior will disavow the myth of Datsun
electrical reliability.   "B"s are rusters, but so are roadsters.
The B series motor is about as bulletproof as the Datsun R (In fact
the J13 in my Datsun 320 truck is a clone of the BMC B series motor.
Parts for MGBs are easier to find, and less expensive (by half, often
more).

The GTs are heavy compared to the roadsters but nothing that a Chevy
V6 can't remedy :^)

-Marc