RE: MGB GT

To: geegc@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB GT
From: "The Ken Pearce" <ken__pearce@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:57:44 -0700
I drove a '73 MGB-GT for 4 years through college from 83-87 and loved every
minute of it!  Compared to my 68-2000, the GT had "lots" more interior space
and considerably more sex appeal on the interior.  (I think it was the damp
rotting mohair that the seats were made out of that gave off the "British"
car aroma)

As to performance and maintenance versus the Datsun, no comparison, Datsun
wins.

Things I recall be problematic on the GT, pricey ($$$) lever shocks that I
couldn't afford to replace, soft camshafts (I went through 2 or 3), worn
splines on the wire wheels (I actually lost at wheel going 45mph!), and all
the electrical woes everyone else has mentioned.

Find one without a lot of rust, 4-lug wheels, and the optional overdrive,
and you might have yourself a fun car!

Cheers,

Ken Pearce
Bellingham, WA
68-2000 (engine out, hopeful for Shasta 2006)