Re: MGB GT

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB GT
From: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 22:21:06 -0500
first of all, please, listers, this is not a datsun vs ????? discussion.
please, please don't let it go there or british car bashing.

MGs and Triumphs offer a differnent experience than the datsun.
preventative maintenance is key, as is being prepared.  we all travel with
tools and spares.  parts, especially mg, are much cheaper.

i have a 73, very original. low mileage mgb, and its a wonderful little car.
last weekend we put 600 miles on it with three other mgs, no problems.  its
a comfortable, nice little car.  as with any older car, rust, rust, rust is
the problem.  this one doesn't have that problem, and i plan to ensure it
stays that way!

i have a 72 tr6, modded.  its ferocious and we love it.  very different.
clean car, no rust!

variety is the spice of life, and one man's favorite car is certainly not
anothers.  i'm still looking for an alfa and a healey.  my son has an 88
camaro iroc z convertible.  i have friends who have 2, 3, or 4 (car brand
here), and that's great.  i like the variety, and the people in the
different clubs.

contact me off list if you like.

http://www.sumton.com/daves/cars