RE: Happy Veterans Day

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: RE: Happy Veterans Day
From: Mitch Planck <mitch@ias.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:26:40 -0500
It's so easy to get stoked about these type of topics with all the turmoil
currently going on in our world. I could easily rant as well. Isn't there an
old Chinese curse 'may you live in interesting times.' Well, our times are
sure interesting.

The best I can do is wish our troops well, hope they return safely, and on a
tangent topic, buy efficient. More efficient cars, household appliances,
etc. will reduce our energy needs and maybe our need for foreign oil. I
bought a 93.6% efficient furnace last year when the 50 year old clanker
broke down. It's exhaust is so cool it routes through some pvc pipe, it's
cooler than my drier vent. I've got a new Toyota Prius on order (the hybrid
electric car) that has 10 times less emissions than the previous model -
it's replacing my 200,000+ mile '91 Stanza (a good car but getting a bit too
old). Going from 20 mpg to 50+ mpg won't only help my budget but other
things as well (I hope).

I'm still slowly working on my Roadster, not much time for it this year, but
I'm ever hopeful that next year I can get the rolling frame ready and then
get the frame mods started for the new engine (which I have yet to buy).

Best regards to all,
Mitch Planck
Chelsea, MI
'69 1600 & '70 1600 donors