Re: OT - vintage racing novels - eBay

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT - vintage racing novels - eBay
From: SPYDER62@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:57:46 EST
In a message dated 11/12/2003 5:30:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
datsunmike@nyc.rr.com writes:
I also remember listening to the Indy 500 race when he won it.

Another great driver killed far too young.
Yes, you got it there, too many to young. But those were the days a driver
drove anything from stockcars to F1 if he had an open weekend. Jimmy drove the
Daytona 500 and they had to put 4 x 4 's on the petals so he could reach them,
and was killed in a none point F2 race that he drove because he told a friend
he would. Great drivers great times not the preadonna's we have today.
rich