RE: Removing fuel lines from the Fuel Tank

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Removing fuel lines from the Fuel Tank
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:11:12 -0700
I was reading this thread in usual
Sunday-forget-everything-I-ever-did-on-my-roadster fashion when I recalled
what I did with the mid-point fuel fitting on the passenger side of the
frame. The bugger would not break loose. I finally put a small bucket
underneath it, wrapped the fitting in a piece of shop towel and began
spraying the daylights out of it with penetrant. I just kept dousing the rag
whenever I went by and three days later it popped loose like it had not been
stuck. I had sprayed it in the days before, but the oil just kept dripping
off before it could do any good.

Paul Bauman
67 1600